[dokuwiki] [GSoC] Mobile client - general questions

  • From: Daniel Lobato <elobatocs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:53:45 +0200

Hi guys,

If you remember, I am a candidate for the development of the mobile client
for dokuwiki, and after a few posts with Michael, I was wondering a few
things that I posted in a comment in my application.

How do you authenticate to the wikis?
As far as I could grasp by reading the maillist, you are using XML RPC to
retrieve the data from dokuwiki so using it would be a nice way to get the
data of the wikis, but I understood from last Hamann reply to Andy Baxter
that it is used somehow like an 'authentication system', am I right?

Can you log in with something like Oauth so that it would be very easy to
implement in a mobile app?

Thanks!