[dokuwiki] Re: [GSOC] Rewrite Plugin Management

  • From: Botea Răzvan <utherr.ghujax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:24:36 +0300

On 03/28/2011 10:34 AM, Andreas Gohr wrote:
Yes, we can "enable plugin temporarily by ignoring the
disable-setting/file and if the plugin fails the user can simply go
back and everything will still work", I like this solution.

I don't. This is incredibly hard to get right since you don't know
what the plugin is intended to do. For syntax plugins you'd need to
generate a fake page containing the right syntax to trigger the plugin
(just calling it's methods might not create the needed context). Even
catching simple PHP syntax errors could prove difficult by just
examining a iframe or AJAX content.

I agree that we shouldn't make it too overcomplicated. But anyways... when a user submits a plugin is it not tested by some one? I think the first think to "make" a plugin safe is being reviewed by some one who's competent enough to decide if the plugin should pe released to the public or not.

--
Botea Răzvan