[dokuwiki] Re: Fwd: [GSOC 2011] Some points on Project Merge - Prasad Prabhu(a.k.a prprabhu @irc)

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:43:38 +0200

Hi,

Excerpts from Prasad Prabhu's message of 2011-03-27 23:18:38 +0200:
[...]
> >What do you think about the idea that the master can reject or accept
> >other participants when they are trying to join? >What do you think about
> >highlighting the changes of each user in a different color like e.g.
> >EtherPad does it?
>
> I meant, depending on the changes, the master can select what all
> changes he would like to see in the copy. If he finds that particular
> user has done a valid change throughout, he can accept the entire
> change by that particular user or the master can accept changes one by
> one i.e accepting/rejecting each change.
> But I wonder, do we really need this?

I currently can't imagine how you'll implement that and how the master
should accept or not other users changes. I don't think we need this.
Implementing a way to kick/ban users from an editing session might
however be a nice feature.

Michael

PS: Your quoting style is imho difficult to read and your mail client
should really set the In-reply-to header so your mail will appear in the
correct context, I don't know if there has been some problem with my
mail, but at least in the archive it is displayed correctly.