[dokuwiki] Re: Framework to allow plugin data support with 'sync' plugin

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:50:06 +0100

On 8 November 2010 16:57, Chris Tapp <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems to me as if it would be worth while creating a framework that can
> be used to allow plugins to register a 'my sync data' handler (or some such)
> so that plugin data can then automatically be synced as well.
>
> From a quick look it seems as though:
>
> 1) The RPC code needs to have bits added
> 2) Sync itself would need some changes
> 3) A mechanism would need adding to allow plugins to register (and possibly
> service) sync pull/push events.
>
> Does this sound useful? If so, is there anyone willing to contribute as it
> will take me a long time to do it all ;-)

The only missing bit is the possibility to alter/add other files than
pages or attachements via the XMLRPC backend.
Once this is possible the sync plugin wouldn't need to allow plugins
to add sync push/pull events.
The sync plugin should handle the actual syncing, other plugins could
just register the files that need to be synced.
I'm thinking DOKUWIK_PLUGIN_SYNC_FILELIST here.

array( 'pages' => array([data]),
         'attachments' => array([data]),
         'meta'   => array([data]),
         'plugins' => array([data])