[dokuwiki] Feature request: Adding a "vector graphics canvas" into dokuwiki

  • From: Oliver Geisen <oliver.geisen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:46:10 +0100

Hello,

i wonder if it was possible to add something like a vector graphics editor into DW, maybe using Javascript. It should be able to add in-place graphics, so even users with less knowlegde about making nice charts/graphics, are able to add some inline.

The data can saved into the media place. Maybe it's a good idea to use SVG to store the data. So all we need is an SVG editor which can seamlessly integrated into DW.

I've seen such things as Whiteboards and stand-alone-editors, even Visio-like flowchart editors are available.

Because not all browsers can handle SVG by default, it may be converted into an image after drawing. This can be cached also then and would perfectly fit into DW. To edit the drawing there could be a special button in the menubar of the page-editor.

Please tell me what you think about?

See you,

Oliver...