[dokuwiki] Farming: Prohibit the installation of plugins through animals

  • From: Frank Thommen <frank.thommen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:42:06 +0200

Hi,

I posted this problem on the english (https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/10206) and german (https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/10211) forums, but nobody there could solve the problem: In a farming setup I need to limit the plugin installation to the farmer administrator. Animals' admins should only be able to enable and disable plugins and to configure them (unless specific settings are locked). I guessed this to be a normal requirement in a farming setup, but I can't find a way to achieve this in DokuWiki.

The idea that came next to a solution was, to limit the plugin installation by username (https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/39951). As last resort I'd use this, but only very, very reluctantly. Much better and cleaner would be a way where DokuWiki knows that he/she/it is an animal and thus prohibits plugin installations.

A requisite for this to work properly would be, that by default plugins are dis(!)abled after installation.

Any hints or ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance
frank