[dokuwiki] Re: Farm support for plugin manager

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:42:40 +0100
On 14 Jun 2011, at 08:08, Andreas Gohr wrote:

>> Have you considered using the config cascade to hold 'master' lists.  One
>> for the animal and one for the farmer (or as many as the admin wants) -
>> equivalent to local & protected in the normal scheme of things.  Those files
>> being stored in appropriate conf directories where they are human editable
>> for those people who don't like allowing configurations to be auto-updated.
>
> This seems the most useful way. BTW. I'd prefer having a list of
> disabled plugins instead of a list of enabled plugins that has to be
> updated everytime a new plugin is installed. Or are there any good
> reasons it has to be reversed?

If its a black list (disabled), then the farmer list will need to come first.

A white list of enabled plugins, removes the need to scan the plugin directory
for each page request.

With a complete list, every plugin and either enabled/disabled in config, it
could be efficient to keep the final resolved list in _cache.  And so avoid
both scanning the plugin directory and processing the plugin lists on every
page view.  To avoid issues with manual list updating, I think this would
require a config option to allow or have the cache dependent on the files in
the config cascade (which puts back some of the file accesses on each page
view).

- Chris--