[dokuwiki] Re: FS#226 ? Add namespace indexes proposal

  • From: Anthony.Caetano@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:29:24 +0200

Hi Martin

The following patches accomplish what you want.  They lack some testing
with colon vs useslash and with the 3 rewrite strategies.  But they work
at our company with conf['useslash'] = 1 and conf['userewrite'] = 1.

The globalstart patch is the primary one, the page search and breadcrumbs
patches depend on it.  Enable with the config option $conf['globalstart']
= 1

Please let me know if they cover all that you want, because I do want to
send them to Andreas for inclusion in the next release (if he will have
them), I just haven't got to testing the last few weeks (months?).

Regards
-ant

dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 2006/05/19 05:48:17 AM:

> Issues:
> This page then appears in the index as a separate page again above the
> namespace which is confusing and more importantly separates the
> namespace page from it's container. If out of some wierd reason (I've
> been there too many times) I need to rename the namespace not only the
> namespace has to change but the default file as well.
>
> Proposal:
> Each namespace should assume a page inside its directory. Thus if I
> remove a namespace, it's default page is gone as well. Renaming it
> won't lose the default page.

> Did I miss anything? Did I misunderstand FS#226
> Is this worth pursuing for the next release?

Disclaimer
Sanlam Life Insurance Limited Reg no 1998/021121/06 - Licensed Financial
Services Provider
Disclaimer and Directors