[dokuwiki] Re: Enhancing {{image}} syntax

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:15:43 -0500 (CDT)

Oh, forgot a feature:

> (1) Including the image without a link to a details page.
> (2) Including text (rather than an image) that links to a details page.
> (3) Including an image that links to the details page of a different image.
  (4) Including an image that links to a wiki page.

> (1) {{|thumb.jpg}}
> (2) {{details.jpg|very cool image}}
> (3) {{details.jpg|thumb.jpg}}
  (4) {{page-id|thumb.jpg}}

I already have HTML-coded thumbs doing this, using the #template()# command:
http://www.spiderjoe.com/spiders/oak-hill

And I have two more questions:

  * Do we tell page-id from details image by looking for the image extension or
the period?
  * Do we attach image size/cache info to the thumb name, as in
{{details.jpg|thumb?100x200}}?

But then if you didn't notice, the following also becomes valid:

{{page-id|very cool page}}

Which is identical to:

[[page-id|very cool page]]

If we can distinguish image filenames from text and IDs, the distinction
between {{}} and [[]] becomes artificial.

~joe