[dokuwiki] Re: Embrace the new default template

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 01:33:11 +0000

On 05/02/2012 23:18, Myron Turner wrote:
My initial feeling is that the main display area is too narrow. I did a
few tests and found that images which exceed the width are truncated. I
didn't test with tables, but I assume that tables which would otherwise
exceed the width will be 'verticalized'.

Images are not truncated but get automatically resized if they are too big (with "max-width: 100%"). And each table is scrollable on its own if it is too wide. (There is a div around each one with "overflow-x: auto".)

This leads me to ask whether you are planning to set overflow to auto
for the main display area.
Overflow is set to hidden.

Or, will there be configuration options which enable users
to set the dimensions of the sidebars and display area?

The width is set easily with the "__site_width__" variable in style.ini. You could set it to 100% to have a fully flexible layout like the old default template has.
And the sidebar has a similar variable: "__sidebar_width__".

Cheers,
Anika