[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki license ?

  • From: "Jacob Steenhagen" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:26:57 -0500

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:48 PM, stephane martin <stef.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Sure ! Yet I think that kind of problem is likely to happen in other
> contexts, eg. internet distribution.

Standard INAL applies.

Generally speaking, this is not an issue if you are merely running the wiki
on an internet accessible server. I'm pretty the GPL specifies that compiled
binaries have to be accompanied by the source (or at least have the source
offered). With a PHP based (or perl, etc) site, there is no compiled binary,
only the output of the program. I think the GPL v3 may have been updated to
deal with that, so maybe being that your apps being v3 may cause you
issues... but historically, v2 of the GPL didn't have this problem.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us