[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki farm question

  • From: Karl Loncarek <dh2mll@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:44:05 +0200

Christopher Smith schrieb:
I see this as a very awkward way of managing the farm/animals.
Depends on the point of view.

Did you consider using domains?
Do you mean a new Dokluwiki installation with each domain?
E.g. http://animal.someserver.com/doku.php

Access to the lib/exe scripts is no longer an issue.
Preload.php is used to choose the farmer/animal configuration based on the $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] value.
All dokuwiki scripts are in one place, making updating straightforward.
Ah, now I understand. Well OK I agree. Maybe I misunderstood something completely. But as I understood, this would work perfectly for a hosted webserver on internet. I plan to create an internal (personal) webserver using Abyss Webserver on windows (no access to the DNS server allowed. Therefore it is (at least I think) quite difficult to create a separate domain (especially in a company, for a simply computer an entry in the HOSTS file would be enough I think). And that exactly is the problem: How can I achieve that Dokuwiki knows each time it is called that an animal started it without using a specific domain? What would be the best and cleanest way to do it? Another parameter in the URL?

- Karl