[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki PHP 4.3.3 dependency and compile error

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 20:00:33 +0200

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:06:33 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Could anyone explain me what would not work on PHP 4.3.2?
>
> No. We don't keep track of what requires what. We just choose with
> 4.3.3 in mind.
>
> However don't even bother with figuring it out. The next DokuWiki
> version will drop PHP4 support completely. There is just no reason to
> run an out-of-life product any longer.

What a pitty. Our system administrators are very conservative with
updates on production systems and I would hardly be able to convince
them to update to PHP5 or 6. But who complains. The current release
matches my needs very well :-) And maybe, one day... ;-)

The problem with the indexer is a problem of preg_match. This function
doesn't support characters > 255 in unicode classes, as used in
IDX_ASIAN. I commented out the two lines in the code and the php warning
is gone. Because we don't have chinese users using the wiki in native
language (yet) I could accept the risk.

I haven't found any other problmes with PHP 4.3.2 yet.

 Thank you for your help
   Matthias