[dokuwiki] Re: Doku-cluster

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:04:40 +0200

Robin Gareus wrote:

Hello

> PS.  A completely different approach would be to put dokuwiki's data
> folder under git revision control and use git-hooks to distribute the
> data. alas, that would require a carefully planned protocol for dokuwiki
> committing data (and locks or handle merges).

WebDAV or XMLRPC sounds more useful if you want clustered wiki, i.e.
several identical wiki all synced together, instead of 1 master + n
slaves (which can probably be done with DokuWiki storing files to a
VCS repository).

> Of course there are various options to share the underlying FS. Are
> there writeups/performance-tips for doing so with dokuwiki?

There were some comments on issues of DokuWiki over NFS (ok NFS is an
issue by itself!) but we waited for numbers (measurements).

--
  bug