[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWikiFCK and fckgLite

  • From: Florian Feldhaus <florian.feldhaus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:36:06 +0100

Thank you very much for your good work! I really appreciate it, that there is now a decent WYSIWYG Editor for DokuWiki, even so I prefer to use the DokuWiki Editor. For new users it's now a lot easier to start contributing to a DokuWiki. Also it is very good that you did a JavaScript version of DokuWikiFCK, as there are quite a few people who can't use Perl programs.

Cheers,
Florian

Am 17.11.09 13:16, schrieb Myron Turner:
Upgrades of both DokuWikiFCK and fckgLite are available:

http://www.mturner.org/dwfck/doku.php?id=introduction#download
http://www.mturner.org/dwfck/doku.php?id=introduction#fckglite

I've upgraded DokuWikiFCK from version 30 to version 31.

fckgLite is a Javascript parser and saves its documents as regular
DokuWiki text files.  DokuWikiFCK uses Perl and renders most of the
FCKeditor's graphic features.

After writing the initial version of fckgLite I was curious and did a
check of my apache logs to see whether there was interest in it, and
since I was doing that, I thought I might as well check DokuWikiFCK.  I
I was rather astonished by the figures.  As of the morning, there have
been 2746 downloads of DokuWikiFCK from 1024 unique IP addresses.  This
covers the two year period since I started working on it. These figures
don't include downloads from CPAN.

In the two months since the development fckgLite, there have been 577
downloads from 294 unique users.

There have previously been some hindrances for Windows users, because
the file and media browsers required Windows junctions.  These new
upgrades of both packages no longer require junctions for Windows and
should both auto-install.

I am happy to help solve problems or to address requests and bugs both via email or through the DokuWiki forum.