[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki forum

  • From: Bert Garcia <hcgtv.net@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:20:02 -0400

Matt Pascoe wrote:

Bottom line is Wikis and Forums go hand in hand and enhance eachother.
 Lets find a forum package that shares the philosophies of Dokuwiki of
small/simple/clean then work TOGETHER with them to integrate both
cleanly.  Then it would be a choice of the end user to enable this
feature or not.  Both products would shine on their own for what they
are, and would compliment eachother.

Should we venture forth in this direction, I can promise cooperation from the PunBB community. PunBB shares the same philosophies as DokuWiki, it's lean and very fast.

I'm from the school of thought that each development community has their own specialty. Andi knows knows wikis, Rickard knows forums while someone else has galleries under their belt.

My own project revolves around this simple theory.

--
bert garcia
    __O