[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki forum

  • From: Harry Fuecks <hfuecks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:39:57 +0200

> The ideal case would be a hybrid between forum and mailinglists. The
> only software I know capable of this is Mailgust but this is not fully
> open source. Somewhat similar would be google's groups... Maybe even
> freelists could come up with an solution?

You may want to investigate fudforum (PHP);

http://fudforum.org/doc/d/html/features.mlist_nntp.html

"FUDforum includes tools which will allow the forum to be used to
archive newsgroups (NNTP) and mailing lists. In addition, FUDforum
allows the administrator to permit forum members to post messages back
to a mailing list or a newsgroup. This feature makes FUDforum an ideal
access point to newsgroups and mailing lists for those who cannot
access those resources directly."

The documentation here may give you a better idea of what's on offer:
http://fudforum.org/doc/d/html/admin.mailing_list.manager.html

Fudforum would also make an good forum to "integrate" with Dokuwiki as
it already has a clean API for embedding in other applications (you
could display a discussion thread below a wiki page for ex.).

Otherwise the lead developer recently authored a book on PHP security
- http://ilia.ws/archives/2005/09/06.html (note remark he makes on
phpBB)- he's someone who really knows what he's doing with PHP.