[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki Tagline?

  • From: Michael Haschke <michael.haschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:36:30 +0100

Hello list,

> Documentation done the wiki way.

My 2 cents: this type of tagline is not wrong but way too unspecific.
"Wiki" and "the wiki way" stand for some technical aspects and
processes, like

* collaboration
* interfaces easy to understand
* make it easier to correct errors than to prevent them
* ...

So, a tagline like "Documentation done the wiki way" can be used for
all wiki engines, not only Dokuwiki. If we want to find a good
Dokuwiki tagline, we probably have 3 (maybe more) options:

1) Find a short descriptive tagline, simple and good to remember, but
it should inherit how Dokuwiki differs from other wiki engines,
already done proposals like "Documentation, Simple & Powerful!" are a
good start in this area. This type is something like a "how" tagline.

2) The "why" tagline, like "Time savers make the world go round.", of
course there are better examples of this tagline type, more related to
DokuWiki.

3) Another type of tagline would be a phrase what is not descriptive
but really good to remember because it stand out, maybe because it is
e.g. totally dumb, like "It saves your time, so you can drink more
beer!" (this is not meant as a serious proposal :) )

I know that this community will find the right one! If there will be
more good options, it might be good to test them visually, to see how
it works together with "DokuWiki" and the logo, maybe test the
typography.

cheers,
Haschek

--