[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki Farms Idea

  • From: "Maciej Łebkowski" <m.lebkowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:54:08 +0200

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 11:22,  <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yep, but the plugins are shared between the farms, so, you could initialize
> the constants which are common to all instances first like DOKU_PLUGIN etc.
> then fire up the event hook before stuff like DOKU_CONF, DOKU_URL  and the
> like is set which differs per instance. At least that's how I could imagine
> that this could work ;). Maybe I forgot about other caveats here?

For a quick fix i`d rather do:
 - one common instalation, with all the plugins, templates, etc
 - several "local" instalations
In those local instalations, delete /lib, and other directories that
should be shared and then create symbolic links to the common
instalation in their place.
This way, all the scripts and such will be from a common instalation,
and the data (pages, indexes, etc) and configs will be separate.

--
Maciej Łebkowski, http://lebkowski.info/kontakt.php