[dokuwiki] Re: Doku_Handler : remove htmlok and phpok tests

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:51:36 +0000

Pierre,

Can you check this against a current darcs version of DW and issue an updated patch ... I think you may have been working off an old version so your patch has introduced some problems.

I have that the checks were removed from the renderer in a patch by Anika Henke around 9 months ago. Also your patch has only removed the checks from php and html, not from phpblock and htmlblock. My dev version of DW currently has no checks on php or html syntax (this can be seen by viewing the wiki:syntax page and following the toc down to the embedding html and php section - the big red text and a php image says they are active).

I agree that the checks should only be in one place and it makes the most sense to have those checks in the renderer. That means removing the remaining checks from the handler and inserting checks into the renderer.

Note: For anyone running a wiki with this patch applied and htmlok and phpok settings off, you probably want to wind this patch back for now.

Chris

On 16 Jan 2008, at 11:08, Spring Pierre wrote:

hi all,

i know one should not insist, when not getting an answer on a mailinglist.

but i really think this topic could be of some (minor;) interest to people writing page renderers.

and i can not see the necessity for the "htmlok" and "phpok" testing in the Doku_Handler, taken the fact that the page renderer does it too. am i completely out of the picture here?

any input would be greatly appreciated ;)

greetings.
pierre
--
Liip AG // Rte de la Fonderie 7 // CH-1700 Fribourg
Fon 026 4222511 // Key id 0x5BF5F8FA // ww