[dokuwiki] Re: Disabling namespaces in DokuWiki?

  • From: "Martin Erlandsson" <marterland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:07:07 +0100

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, you are right. And we will stop using namespaces from now on.

However, we have a whole site with hundreds of pages already using
namespaces and we do not want that anymore.  Migrating from a
namespaced wiki to a non-namespaced one will be troublesome because of
the default rule that a page created within a namespace is assumed to
belong to that namespace.

Example:

If someone edits the page "vehicles:cars:brands:Ferrari" and adds the
link [[Italy]] (to inform readers about the Ferrari origin), that link
will point to "vehicles:cars:brands:Italy". This does not make much
sense.
Since I know about this problem, I would instead write the link as
[[:Italy]] and it would end up in the root as desired. But most users
do not know about this, and they should not need to!

It would be great if this default link behavior was configurable!

Best Regards,

/Martin