[dokuwiki] Re: Default template, first cut (rough)

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:57:32 +0200

Hi,

> Thanks for all of the feed back to my last post. As promised, albeit late, a
> rough design of the new default template is now available:
> https://github.com/MrClow/dokuwiki-template-2011

Not bad for a start :-) Instead of trying to describe all my nitpicks,
I just took a screenshot and scribbled notes all over it. See the
attachment.

> So far I've focused on getting to page in a state that holds together and
> pushes content first.

There are a lot of style issues in the content and on all the special
pages, but since you said you haven't worked on them yet I made no
notes about them.

> I've also tweaked the look of the buttons because
> that, I feel, impacts how to separate out the sections.

I love the buttons :-)

> Oh, and I kind of hacked the css in. Currently, I just added link tag in
> main.php to include default.css. Bad me. I know. Will fix in next iteration.

Yeah it took me a bit to realize how to actually see *your* design.
This should be fixed ASAP, so others can try this more easily.

All in all I think this is going in the right direction - I'm looking
forward for your next iterations. Too bad you won't be at the
hackfest. It would have been easier to talk face-to-face about all the
little things

splitbrain.org