[dokuwiki] Re: Data-URI support, worth having?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:27:10 +0200

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback. I was surprised by the general approval ^^

> Maybe turn off cssdatauri in default configuration, and some
> additional config options could improve the behaviour, like max size
> for images what will transformed to datauris,

Okay, I changed the config option to be the maximum value for the size
check and set it to 0 by default.

However I fear that nobody will ever use this feature when it is
disabled by default.

> and maybe a user regex
> to check for additional name patterns. just two quick ideas.

I think that would add complexity without too much gain. What other
extensions you would want except png and gif?

> * add auto creation of patch css, included via conditional comments
> * add <IE8 hacks after the datauri definitions
>
> I guess that both option are heavy stuff b/c the the dokuwiki css
> parser do not really understand css, cannot distinguishing between the
> css rules. can it?

Exactly. We would need try to parse the whole rule, copy it, strip out
irrelevant lines and wrap the rest in the hacks and put it after the
original rule. Not impossible, but somewhat more complex. Again, I'm
not sure it is worth the effort.

splitbrain.org