[dokuwiki] Re: Darcs

  • From: Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:49:59 +0200

Andreas Gohr schrieb:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:01:06 +0200
Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

I'm having some trouble updating to the actual release using darcs.
The command is like darcs pull --tags "release 2007-06-26" --all but
all the server does is "Pulling from "http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcs/dokuwiki"..."; and then nothing ... I checked ps aux it says darcs is abouve 90% cpu and netstat says there is a connection to splitbrain.org but still nothing. no update. any suggestions?

If I do  a darcs pull only there is the patch "Mon Dec 11 20:42:44
CET 2006  Mike Frysinger <vapier@xxxxxxxxxx>" and the question to
install this one and about 240 others. but answering to yes does the
same as above.

Try to pull them in chunks of about 10 patches. Eg, do a pull, say yes
on the next 10 or so patches, then answer d for done. Repeat for the
remaining patches. This usually works for me. Darcs seems to have a
problem when analyzing a huge amount of patches at once.

Andi

Thanks on that. It allmost worked. But there are still three patches I cant get via darcs and I think there are some others too that need thos installed. My log is:

e-smi.de : /home/gamma/public_html/gammaproduction.de_ $ darcs pull
Pulling from "http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcs/dokuwiki";...

Sat Feb 24 15:42:11 CET 2007  Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  * use dokubug as default interwiki tag for DokuWiki bugs #1045
Shall I pull this patch? (1/15)  [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: n

Mon Feb 26 19:21:10 CET 2007  Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  * page updates
Shall I pull this patch? (2/15)  [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: n

Fri May 18 11:55:36 CEST 2007  Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  * adjusted wiki:syntax to additional <HTML>+<PHP> syntax
Shall I pull this patch? (15/15)  [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: n
You don't want to pull any patches, and that's fine with me!

If I try only one of them darcs hangs up. Is that a problem of darcs, of the repository or smth. else?

Gerry.