[dokuwiki] Re: Core Features vs Plugins

  • From: Martin Gill <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:52:02 +0100

Gabriel Birke wrote:
I agree with you that a page moving solution would be a great feature.

But - from what I think (I could be wrong though ;-)), it`s not yet
implemented because it's far more complex to implement for a flat file
based wiki system than just using the current manual multi-step
procedure.

There is a nice plugin named "pagemove" that works quite well: It moves the
page to a new name or namespace, corrects all backlinks and corrects the
media links on the moved page. I even extended it to move the media files
together with the page.

Does it keep the history intact?

--Martin