[dokuwiki] Re: Content Multiple Language Support

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:33:05 +0200

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:05:07 -0400
Robin Getz <rgetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If a well written patch was available, would you:
>   - review it/include it in the next release?

Yes i would certainly have a look on it and if like it it gets in.
However we should think about how this should be done correctly.

Deciding on how to save language specific stuff is one thing (I guess
I'd prefer data/pages/en/dog.txt format) but how would this be
integrated?

- How to link?
- If I'm in the 'de' namespace and the german page doesn't exist would
  the link go to the 'en' namespace?
- How to handle different pagenames itself?
  Eg. how to know en:namespace is the same as de:namensraum ?
- How do other Wiki's handle it?
  I think mediawiki has a special syntax to define other languages for
  the same page? Mayb this could be done through a plugin...

You see I'm reluctant to say yes I will add a patch when I get one until
I know how this should be done.