[dokuwiki] Re: Content Multiple Language Support

  • From: Robin Getz <rgetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:05:07 -0400

Andreas Gohr wrote:

You may want to read http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=146

Thanks - I knew there had to be discussion somewhere on this topic.

But, I didn't see any conclusions - Other than you saying (if I can paraphrase) this might dilute the usefulness of the wiki - some languages would be maintained, others would not.

Usually when the project maintainer is neutral on something, it doesn't get included in the next release ;) I have done the same thing - after all - life it too short, and there are too many other things to work on than a feature you don't think is necessary.

If a well written patch was available, would you:
 - review it/include it in the next release?
 - prefer a data/pages/en/dog.txt or data/pages/dog.txt.en format?
 - want anything else specific?
    - must have a $conf['lang'] = {cs|da|de|en}
        - limiting the number of languages that translations can be made in.
    - language to be identified in title of email diffs.

Thanks
-Robin