[dokuwiki] Re: Configuration settings and Auth plugin refactoring?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:03:33 +0200

On Mon, 15 May 2006 07:13:56 -0700
Ben Coburn <btcoburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 2) Refactor auth classes to auth plugins.
> > How about refactoring the auth classes into a new auth plugin type?
> > The authorization back-ends already have a class hierarchy so this
> > should be fairly simple. Some benefits:
> >   - Auth types get a folder to store related resources.
> >   - Auth types can cleanly use the configuration settings plugin.
> >   - Custom auth types can be installed and updated with the plugin
> > manager plugin.
> >

> I would appreciate a little feedback on this. Andi, Chris, ...? I will
> probably go ahead with the settings changes, but what about the auth
> plugins?

It sounds like a good idea at the first glance but has a problem: The
auth stuff is crucial - if you do something wrong you lock your self
out. What happens if I change the auth backend and save but havent
configured it properly, yet?

Personally I always prefer editing a config file for that kind of stuff
but I guess other think different. I'm neither for nor against it,
yet... let's see what others think.