[dokuwiki] Re: Config Cascade and writing config settings

  • From: sf-dev <sf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:50:16 +0200

On 06/08/2011 12:39 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:
> I think the bug is in leaving the writable/updatable file as implied.  I was
> probably considering lots of files and leaving it so admins could decide how
> they would use the cascade.  Once set up, there was no real additional
> complexity in having two or ten config files.
> Rather than impacting on the flexibility to have another config file or five,
> I'd go with designating one particular label as the writable config file,
> e.g. "local" or the more explicit, "local-writable"

Hello, in my wikis and especialy the animals in farming environments I
like to be able to restrict all writing of configs to a single directory
beeing DOKU_CONF most of the time. Then I set the cascade path according
to the directory where the config is written (instead of setting the
write directory based on cascade :) I also think selecting the writing
location based on cascade would limit possibilities of cascade and per
wiki or custom location for config files.

regards
   sam