[dokuwiki] Re: Changing user to full name

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:05:57 +0100

Bob McConnell wrote:

Is there any way to test changes to a template without switching the
entire site? I need to make sure my alterations actually work correctly
before committing them to the live pages.

You can run two instances of dokuwiki off the same wiki pages. Set the $conf['data'] value ("Directory for saving data" in the configuration manager) to the same location for both dokuwiki instances. Then use some form of access restriction to keep one of the dokuwiki installations private.

You need to be careful if any wiki pages are restricted. Dokuwiki ACL and user data is not so easy to share between installations, so unless you use symlinking or some other external synchronisation mechanism the two dokuwikis won't have the same user access setup.

Chris