[dokuwiki] Re: Can one make a heading also a link?

  • From: Luis Machuca <ryan.chappelle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:37:55 -0300

Jerry Schwartz escribió:
> [...]
Wait... you say you want *links to external content* in the *document TOC*?
Now *that*'s bad design. The TOC is expected to have another kind of
functionality. Click a link, take you to a specific section in the document
itself.

There's also the structure and accessibility problems that a header link
causes. See not only "Navigation Mechanism" on the W3C Accessibility Glossary
(http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#glossary), but also Wikipedia's stance on
section headings.