[dokuwiki] Re: Can a namespace have meta data?

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:40:03 +0200

On Thu, 18 May 2006 12:30:13 -0500
"Martin Tschofen" <martin.tschofen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to have more human readable names for namespaces in the
> index. I figured out how to use other metadata for individual pages,
> but wondering if the same can be done for just a namespace?

Another idea where meta data for namespaces would be perfect is to
automatically limit the search to a specific namespace after a user has
entered it.

In conjunction with the new extended search feature it could be useful.
A user would enter the namespace 'foo' and the search string is
automatically added by '@foo'. A simple '@', added by the user, could
extend the query again to the whole wiki.

I have no idea how to implement this. The idea came spontaneous into my
mind after I read about the new namespace limited search.

 Best regards
   Matthias