[dokuwiki] Call for (more) mentors

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:58:38 +0100

Hi,

as you've probably already seen we've currently just three mentors for a
rather large and still growing number of students. In general quality is
better than quantity, but I still think it would be nice to have a few
more mentors in order to be able to accept more students. I can
understand that (as that question has been asked already some weeks ago
and we've already asked some developers directly) probably nobody here
will accept a full mentoring job. But there are some more options:

- You don't need to mentor alone. It is possible to share the work, so
  if you aren't sure you'll always have enough time it is possible that
  there is somebody else who'll have time if you haven't.
- You can be there as backup mentor who helps us reviewing applications
  and/or will be available when the unlikely case will happen that a
  mentor won't have any time anymore because e.g. something in his real
  life happened.

Both of these options will help us to make it possible for more students
to participate (or to get better reviews of their applications). I could
e.g. imagine taking two students, but I'll feel a lot more comfortable
if somebody else takes care of the other student for most of the time or
if there is at least a backup mentor available.

Michael

PS: If you are wondering if you fulfill the requirements for being
mentor or what you have to expect have a look at
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:gsoc_organization#mentors