[dokuwiki] Re: COMMON_PAGE_FROMTEMPLATE event

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 19:00:31 -0600

On 2/3/2011 5:29 PM, Michael Hamann wrote:
Hi,

Excerpts from Robin Getz's message of 2011-02-03 19:20:51 +0100:
On Thu 3 Feb 2011 11:46, Myron Turner pondered:
It would be good if there were a common page where any changes that
might possibly affect plugins and templates would be listed.  This would
include not only changes to php but also to javascript and html output.

What about http://www.dokuwiki.org/changes under a new "git head" or
"next release" or something?

I would rather suggest a second page for developers as there are a lot
more changes plugin developers should know about, but they aren't
relevant for normal users.

I think changes that are visible for the user should go there, but
changes that are only relevant for developers should go to a different
page.

Michael

That sounds like a good idea. One problem, I realize, is that it will put a burden on core developers to keep this information current. I wonder if there's some way to take what we need off the git log.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/