[dokuwiki] Re: Behavior change with the new media file manager?

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:36:44 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Junling Ma <junlingm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> Is it possible to use the old way of linking, and call the new media manager
> by default when FETCH_MEDIA_STATUS returns a non-exist file? This way the
> plugins can even implement their own media manager.

Not really because when linking to files, the link points to
lib/exe/fetch.php or lib/exe/detail.php for image details while the
new media manager is handled via doku.php. However this also means
that you can use events like ACTION_ACT_PREPROCESS or TPL_ACT_RENDER
in order to intercept calls to the new media manager (and replace it).
Actually you could also do the processing of missing media files
there, but in my opinion this is not how it should work.

Michael