[dokuwiki] Re: Apache writing

  • From: Inigo Aldazabal Mensa <ialdazabal@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:55:58 +0200

Hi all.

As something similar is commented in another thread  here it goes...

While trying to modify some plugins straight on the server, I had
permissions problems with files belonging to apache. In order to be able
to modify those files, and not having root access to the machine, what I
did was to change the permission through a php "page" to "all write", and
reverse the changes after the modification was completed.

Looking for a better solution to this I did quite an intense search for
some kind of, say, remote file manager, which would ease this task. A
couple of restrictions are  that I should be able to install it without
root access (a la dokuwiki ;-), and also it should be free ;-).

I found a lot of what seems to be generically named php-filemanagers, but
the ones I tried happened to be quite incomple, or, in the case of
the "best candidate", with major bugs in the file permission area.

The question is, does anyone have any suggestion about a, say, kind of
php-filemanager? Any suggestion from web gurus?

Thanks for your help.