[dokuwiki] Advice please on text transfer into DW

  • From: Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:48:06 +0200

Hi All,

I have try copy from one big document some text into DW
For example as next:

--------------------------------------

Data models supported by different DBMS are divided into the following
categories:
* network;
* hierarchical;
* relational;
* object-relational;
* object-oriented;

--------------------------------------
Problem is that DokuWiki show this text as

Data models supported by different DBMS are divided into the following
categories: * network; * hierarchical; * relational; * object-relational; *
object-oriented;

While MediaWiki still show it correctly, each star on new line.

As far as I see on DW are
1) I need manually add 2 spaces before each STAR. Annoying!

2) wrap by <code> tags. Hmm why I need add additional garbage into text? :-)
    may be tomorrow I will want copy text to other place,
    so again cleanup it ?

There is no way select few lined and click some button "indent right".
By the way I have see such buttons in other wikis.

So what is the RIGHT way to move such text into DW ?

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology