[dokuwiki] Re: Add some (non-persistent) Metadata

  • From: Gunther Pilz <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:15:22 +0200

Hi Andi!

Andreas Gohr schrieb:

> Use an action plugin to
>
>  * enhance the edit form
>  * get the additional input  * store metadata in the persistent metadata
> using p_set_metadata
>
> You need to store it in the persistent array to make sure it is not
> erased by the metadata renderer.

Thanks for your answer. It works so far, but I have some more problems/
questions.

Isn't the metadata normally written after page edit? Couldn't I achieve
that my additional data is saved then as well, because otherwise I'll
have an additional file access (by p_set_metadata) which I'd like to
avoid (cause of the performance).

Second problem is that I use the 'IO_WIKIPAGE_WRITE' event to save my
metadata (if it has changed). But this event is only triggered when
there have been changes to the wiki/ page text. In case that only my
metadata has been changed, it won't be saved. Any solution, other than
making any pseudo editing?

Gunther