[dokuwiki] Re: Add: changing double quote marks

  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 21:45:35 +0200

Chris Smith schrieb:
> Werner Flamme wrote:
>> But: the config plugin does not like them :-( I added two lines:
>> $conf['doublequote_open'] = '&raquo;';
>> $conf['doublequote_close'] = '&laquo;';
>> (yes, I changed the names of the variables ;-))
>>
>> Every time I use the config plugin, I have to look into conf/local.php
>> and adjust the values manually. The first time, I got '\'raquo', that I
>> replaced with "&raquo;" - now the config plugin read the correct values
>> and wrote them correctly. Next time, I got '&laquo' - without the
>> trailing ; ...
>>

> Why not raise a bug report / feature request at bugs.splitbrain.org?

Last time I dared to complain about the config plugin, I received a "Its
not really the config plugin, it can't tell your intentions" ;-)

This is still the case, and I think the purpose of config plugin is not
to handle some exotic user defined variables but to manage the
parameters defined in DokuWiki itself or its plugins. So I better
separate my parameters from those that are defined properly ;-)

inc/init.php (after $conf is read):
global $myconf;
$myconf = array();
if (@file_exists(DOKU_CONF.'myconf.local.php')) {
        require_once(DOKU_CONF.'myconf.local.php');
} // if (@file_exists(DOKU_CONF.'myconf.local.php'))

It works :-)

Regards,
Werner