[dokuwiki] Re: [Ad] DokuWiki Sync Plugin

  • From: Stefan Waidele <Stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 08:29:08 +0100

Hi everybody,

Am 08.03.2009 22:18, schrieb Andreas Gohr:
[...]
Here's the deal: I want $750 (which isn't too much if you consider
that I worked several days on it). But I only want this money once and
not necessarily from a single entity. I just like to have everybody
who can afford it to chip in, and as soon as it reaches $750 I'll
release the plugin as open source. For free. For everybody. Everybody
wins.

This sales-model reflects the thoughts of Michael Crichton about the future of copyright (dated 1983) perfectly:

http://netzpolitik.org/2009/urheberrecht-die-probleme-von-heute-beschrieben-vor-ueber-25-jahren/

Sorry to all those who do not understand german, I only have that link, although the original was most probably in english.

It basically sais: "Works will be going through exactly two phases: One under the total control of the creator, and one where the creator has no control about it anymore. There will be a distinctive line between the two, at which the creator will need to be compensated fully for his work."

Thanks to everybody who contributed to DW,

Stefan