[dokuwiki] Re: About URL rewriting

  • From: Iain Hallam <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 15:50:58 +0100

On 27/04/2011 7:12 pm, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Iain Hallam, 2011-04-27 11:57 UTC+0100:
In fact the whole reason I chose DokuWiki in the first place was
that it provides an infrastructure but doesn't force you to use it
all the time; it gets in your way the least of any CMS I've seen.

I rather consider that a CMS should not be mixed up with, and that it
should better be isolated in its own namespace, which does not mean one
cannot do whatever he wants besides it. Anyway, is this an official
feature of DokuWiki, being able to serve stuff inside it without using
it?

Not sure, but if I want DW to host the home page of my web site, where do you suggest I put anything not hosted by DW? I'm not prepared to have DokuWiki only serve pages in a /dw/... namespace, because URLs are effectively user interface, and shouldn't be tied to the technology I use to serve the site.

- Iain.