[dokuwiki] Re: AW: "useheading" does not always work

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:09:33 +0100

Hi,

Excerpts from Werner Flamme's message of 2011-01-14 13:40:05 +0100:
> Andreas Gohr [14.01.2011 12:53]:
> >
> > Probably
> > https://github.com/splitbrain/dokuwiki/commit/bf0c93c21103a02f9efe4c427b9fefd6c5732666
>
> Oh yes, that fits perfectly well with the 10 correct entries when I see
> line 646. But how can I calculate a reasonable number for a wiki where a
> lot of editing in various namespaces (where links point across) might be
> done?

The index that is loaded after these 10 links should contain titles for
all pages. So there shouldn't be any problem when this limit is hit. The
limit is just because loading a few entries from metadata is faster but
that might cause a lot of rendering so after a certain number of pages
the index is loaded and used for further requests in order to not to hit
the PHP time limit (without that change I can easily trigger the PHP
time limit of 30 seconds on my local installation with around 100 pages
by append ?purge=true to the url). I also don't know if 10 is the best
limit, my idea was to catch the title, the breadcrumbs and perhaps even
3 or 4 links in a page. And rendering 10 pages does also work in one
request I think. But when there e.g. 15 links that are rendered on every
request then that limit should probably be increased. On the other hand
when the index is really rendered on every request you could also set
that limit to 1 (so just the title for the current page is fetched from
metadata because when we ignore concurrent requests that is the only
title that really might need to be rendered).

Perhaps we could add some temporary changes that makes that counter I've
introduced a global variable and then write a plugin that writes that
number to a logfile on DOKUWIKI_DONE so we could collect statistics from
some installations?

@Andi: Might be a good idea, but we'll need to increase it again as soon
as the indexer rewrite is done which is already partially implemented
(see https://github.com/michitux/dokuwiki/commits/master). But okay,
increasing it now and then again makes probably sense because that title
index should really be correct.

Michael