[dokuwiki] Re: AW: Re: handling large tables

  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:56:59 +0200

Andreas Gohr schrieb am 16.09.2005 16:44:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:43:10 +0200
> Andreas.Trawoeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> My problem with dokuwiki isn't creating tables my problem is how to
>> maintain them in a sane way?
>
> I guess the best solution would be an extended table syntax plugin
> which adds a syntax for defining table cells on multiple rows. Something
> like the extended syntax in MediaWiki.
>
> I don't remember the MediaWiki Syntax but I imagine something like this
> could work:

[snip]

> Anyone want's to build one?
>
> Andi

Andi, Andreas, Shiva,

I wrote a syntax plugin for MediaWiki style table definitions, called
exttab1 (bcause it is a first try ;-)). You will find it on
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/doku.php?id=users:wflamme:exttab1.

When writing, I looked at the samples on
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Tables and they all worked and showed up
as valid XHTML :-) - though Validome and W3c complain that <table> is not
allowed at this part of text ("document type does not allow element "table"
here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins",
"del" start-tag."). I do not see the reason for this complaint :-(

Maybe you have a look at the code and find the error at one?

Regards,
Werner