[dokuwiki] Re: AJAX spellchecker

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:49:13 +0200

On Mon, 16 May 2005 08:58:09 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> RM <romanrm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > What about an ability to edit and save an article, all without having
> > to reload the page in browser? By combining AJAX with DHTML, I think
> > this is possible.
>
> Yes I thought about that, too. But I think it may be hard to implement
> in a compatible way, so it would still work for users without
> JavaScript. Maybe there is a way to do it at least for the preview.
> Using AJAX would keep your current curser position in the text box -
> that would be nice.

May I ask a question? What is this AJAX going to do? Is it a online
spellcheker or an indexer for speeding up the search function?

It makes me shudder when I hear DHTML. Long time ago I did a little
DHTML programming. At the end I gave it up because it was impossible to
create pages that run on all browsers.

The more you expect from the client installation the less user you will
support. I don't know if DokuWiki this really needs but I look forward to
your explanation of the benefits.

  Best Regards
    Matthias