[dokuwiki] Re: AJAX spellchecker

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:58:09 +0200

RM <romanrm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What about an ability to edit and save an article, all without having
> to reload the page in browser? By combining AJAX with DHTML, I think
> this is possible.

Yes I thought about that, too. But I think it may be hard to implement in a
compatible way, so it would still work for users without JavaScript. Maybe
there is a way to do it at least for the preview. Using AJAX would keep your
current curser position in the text box - that would be nice.

If anyone would like to give it a try - go on.