[dokuwiki] Re: AFP links & PHP includes

  • From: "Daniel Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:38:27 -0600

>  It's the internet blocking software here at work -- tracking
> things down some more, we end up with a Websense URI coming
> back somewhere in the middle of the Snoopy processing, and I
> can't convince the authentication part of Snoopy to work. Ah
> well, at least I know what the problem is now.

 Things are more complex than that, it turns out -- we also have a
Wordpress install, and the 'wordpress news' page there uses
Magpie/Snoopy to pull the updates for Wordpress in; in that situation,
the web blocking stuff doesn't cause any problems. There's no obvious
difference between the two, except that Dokuwiki is using Magpie v7, but
Wordpress is using Magpie v5 -- I'd expect things to get _better_ with
newer versions, not worse, and the Snoopy URL fetching stuff is exactly
the same code in both places.

 -- dan