[dokuwiki] AFP links & PHP includes

  • From: Alex Torrance <alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:41:02 +0100

Hello

I've been using DokuWiki in a corporate intranet environment and I am very impressed with it's ease of use and configurability. The templating system is great. I've added some functionality which allows AFP links to be recognised by DokuWiki. AFAIK these only work in Safari, and probably other WebKit based OS X browsers. They don't work in Firefox, and I haven't tested any Windows or Linux browsers as the environment here is quite stable (everyone uses OS X and Safari).

If there is any interest in this code (it's very simple, mostly duplicating the existing link parsers with a small regex change) then I will happily donate it to the code base.

One requested feature of the intranet is to include a news feed on the start page. I'm using Wordpress to power the feed and then trying to use a PHP include to display the feed. However not only does the PHP output appear at the top of the wiki page, no matter where the code is placed, but the appearance of the included information is sporadic. It appears when the page is previewed or immediately after saving the page, but not under any other circumstances. Other PHP generated output does appear, however.

I've tried removing the output buffering from xhtml.php changing lines 279-282 to the following: $this->doc .= eval($text); However this doesn't resolve anything.

Has anyone got any thoughts or have any experience of integrating a blog with DokuWiki.

Thank you

Alex