[dokuwiki] ACL question

  • From: "Daniel Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:47:32 -0600

I want to set up our ACL here so that we have the following:

 everyone can read everything
 except for namespaces A,B,C,D,E -- for those, people in group G_A (G_B,
etc) can edit them all, people in group G1 and G2 can read them, and
people in group G3 can edit them all.

 I was hoping I could do something like this:

* @ALL 1
A:* @ALL 0
A:* @G_A 16
B:* @ALL 0
B:* @G_B 16

 ...  for C,D,E

* @G1 1
* @G1 2
* @G3 16

 So that we'd let everyone read everything; restrict the namespaces so
that only people in the namespace-specific group have full access, then
reopen things up so that people in G1/G2 have read access to everything,
and G3 has full access everywhere.

 It doesn't seem to work that way -- instead, I have to do

A:* @ALL 0
A:* @G_A 16
A:* @G1 1
A:* @G2 1
A:* @G3 16

.. and then those five lines for B,C,D,E etc.

 Is there some way to get the ACL to do what I want? One option would be
to move namespaces A,B,C,D,E all into one parent namespace and do the
G1/G2/G3 restrictions on that namespace, but there's 477 pages in those
namespaces and I really don't want to do anything that'll mean I have to
check them all by hand..

 thanks,

 -- dan