[dokuwiki-teams] [infrastructure] squeeze and IPv6

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 16:40:44 +0200

Hi infrastructure team,

I just upgraded our server from lenny to squeeze and so far everything
still seems to work. But I'd appreciate it if you guys could have a
look at the following config files and see if there are any changes
needed for the newly installed versions of the software or to make
them fit Debian's new ways (compare to the .dpkg-dist files)

/etc/backup-manager.conf
/etc/rkhunter.conf
/etc/logrotate.d/apache2
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf
/etc/apache2/ports.conf
/etc/apache2/conf.d/security
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default
/etc/apache2/mods-available/status.conf

Please delete any .dpkg-dist files once you checked the real configs
and they are no longer needed.

The next thing I'd like to approach is IPv6 support. I already
configured it for my splitbrain.org server and it's already working on
dib as well, but we currently have no working firewall for IPv6.
There's no telling when vuurmuur will get IPv6 support and I'd like to
have this finished for IPv6 World Day on June the 8th.

So we need a different firewall. I'm using arno-iptables-firewall from
testing on my splitbrain.org server and it's working alright. It's
much simpler than vuurmuur and has no config interface. My question
is: should I install arno-iptables, or do you have any other
preferences?

Andi

--
splitbrain.org