[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [Everyone] Beginning with Infrastructure team

  • From: "Dennis Ploeger" <develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 07:29:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

> dokuwiki.org is currently running on my private server, so I will not
> easily share (root) access to that box. Even if it were a box
> dedicated to dokuwiki alone, I wouldn't just give away access that
> easily ;-) So for now you're restricted to doing testing and
> researching on your own box and funneling everything through me. This
> will change once I'm convinced we're working in the same direction
> here... I hope you understand that.

Completely. What I need to know, to somehow start working (and working on the
problems you mentioned in the other mail) are the current dimensions of your
server, the current workload and what software is installed. You mentioned,
that you'd like to have a new server apart of your private server and I want to
see, if I can supply that one.

> However, what I could need help with is *creating* needed
> infrastructure tools. Writing something like the translation manager,
> creating an API and GUI for the popularity data, stuff like that. I
> understand that this is most probably not what you, Dennis and Frank,
> had in mind when you signed up for the infrastructure team. So I just
> like to ask: could you and would you like do stuff like programming
> custom tools, independent of the DokuWiki core itself or this this out
> of your field of expertise?

This surely isn't Kansas anymore, but go ahead. You know, I'm a developer
myself. Could you perhaps fill the infrastructure team page with some details
about what you want regarding translation manager, popularity API and more.

Thanks.

Kind regards
Dennis